Ca’ D’Oro

It is one of the most famous buildings in Venice, and is, along with the Ducal Palace, the greatest expression of the full flower of Venetian Gothic. The facade was erected by Giovanni and Bartolomeo Bon, father and son, at the order of the Contarini family between 1424 and 1430, but at the beginning the work was directed by Matteo Raventi and successively completed by the Bons. In 1780 a theatrical accademy named the “Accademia degli Ardenti” with the motto “Flamma nos Ardet” was founded in the “Ca’ D’Oro” by the marquess Francesco Albergati Capacelli, count Alessandro Ercole Pepoli and other gentlemen, who every now and then allowed the inhabitants of Venice, and also educated tourists, to enjoy plays which were sometimes written by themselves and sometimes chosen from some of the best authors of the time. This accademy only lasted for around four years. The Ca’ D’Oro was made into a museum in 1927: the collection, apart from furnishings, hangings, and coins, also includes some reliefs by Titian, Carpaccio, Mantegna, Giorgione, Cima and others.

Error thrown

Call to undefined function mysql_real_escape_string()